TOSIBOX® SoftKey is a software that enables a secure connection between your computer and one or more TOSIBOX® Locks, giving you full visibility and control over the network devices connected to the Lock.
TOSIBOX® SoftKey complies with the high security standards set for all TOSIBOX® products See security questions answered in our Security Center. The SoftKey is created according to the same safe procedures as for hardware Keys. The SoftKey is also computer- and user-specific i.e. it cannot be copied over or moved to another device.
Facts about SoftKey
- TOSIBOX® SoftKey can also be installed into cloud services and virtual environments.
- TOSIBOX® SoftKey can be created and access rights can be granted immediately even from the other side of the world. The SoftKey works without a physical TOSIBOX® Key device. The SoftKey corresponds to a Sub Key that is controlled via a physical Master Key, and therefore it cannot be used to create more keys or Mobile Clients.
- TOSIBOX® SoftKey can be used also in computers that do not have an USB port or where the use of USB devices is tricky.
- Each TOSIBOX® system must have at least one physical TOSIBOX® Key (Master Key) that is used to take TOSIBOX® Locks into use. In addition, creating a back-up key is recommended. Apart from these, all other keys can be SoftKeys. A Master Key user can always revoke access rights from a SoftKey – just like with all other Sub Keys and Mobile Clients.
- Both TOSIBOX® SoftKey software and physical TOSIBOX® Key devices can be used on the same computer.
- Two-factor authentication is fulfilled also with SoftKey: device-specific (something in your posession) and password-protected (something only you know).
- TOSIBOX® SoftKey is supported on Windows XP or later and Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
- To activate SoftKey on a PC or Mac, you will need SoftKey license for the master Key – please contact our sales to purchase one