TOSIBOX® – from remote access to secure networking
We believe that success is simply a matter of connections. Every remote access connection, even if it is just between one user and a connected device, is the foundation for an operational network.
TOSIBOX® is the world’s first purpose-designed connectivity solution for creating and managing global operational networks. It is developed with simplicity as a design principle, and we have automated the creation of secure remote access.
An operational network is a network of devices, systems and users requiring remote access, data collection and network management. Today companies in more than 150 countries are building their OT networks with TOSIBOX®.
Solving connectivity challenges from remote access to IoT
As technologies develop, customer needs evolve, too. No matter which ladder you find yourself at on your digital journey, Tosibox has your back every step of the way.
- Remote access Companies need to connect their sites and devices with servers and users to be able to remotely maintenance them. This remote maintenance decreases the need to travel, saves time and money and ensures better service to customers.
- Data acquisition Devices such as elevators, factory equipment and workspaces are all being connected to the internet to transmit data from their background processes. Real-time data collection and data logging help companies extract the data for analysis. Learn more about data collection >
- Internet of Things (IoT) Industrial firms and manufacturers, for example, can use the data to track inventory changes in real time or monitor the health of equipment in the field. Continuous monitoring of energy consumption, for instance, enables finetuning of building automation systems and generates cost savings. By analyzing the collected data, companies can better optimize processes. To do this efficiently, a feedback to devices is needed. Learn more about IoT >
- Operational (OT) networks As the application ecosystem becomes complex with various user groups, the OT model simplifies the secure management of large-scale networks. Learn more about operational networks >
How TOSIBOX® remote access works
TOSIBOX® solution creates a direct point-to-point VPN tunnel between you and your device. The solution consists of modular components that offer unlimited expandability and flexibility. All components are compatible with each other as well as internet connection, operator, and device agnostic. The solution works both in internal and external networks, and you can connect both modern IoT devices and legacy systems.
TOSIBOX® remote access components
TOSIBOX® connects people, edge connectivity and centralized data points with its scalable components for people devices, management, and connectivity:
- For people: TOSIBOX® Key is a client used to access the network. The ecosystem can have several admins and numerous users using physical TOSIBOX® Keys, TOSIBOX® Mobile Client app or TOSIBOX® SoftKey software licenses.
- For devices: TOSIBOX® Lock can be a router with firewall sharing access to devices or a software installed inside a third-party device. As the company grows, more Locks can be added to various locations.
- For management: TOSIBOX® Hub is the platform for easy OT network and access rights management. You can limit access, add new users and objects simply by drag and drop.
- For connectivity: The TOSIBOX® MatchMaker background service is the heart of TOSIBOX® connectivity. It helps users find the Locks that their Key has access to, no matter where the Lock or the user are located. The MatchMaker provides a global relay network that helps to establish the connection.
Beyond remote access
The patented TOSIBOX® connectivity technology has grown together with our customers. Our customers’ needs range from easy and secure VPN remote access to scalable ecosystems with simple network management and possibilities to incorporate the technology inside third-party devices. Whatever your current needs are, make sure you do not tie yourself in a solution that isn’t future-proof or scalable. TOSIBOX® has several benefits:
- Easy configuration-free Plug & Go™ implementation without special IT skills
- Point-to-point data flow: data streams directly between two modules, no cloud
- Secure connectivity to nearly any edge computing device (Lock for Container)
- Two-way communication offers the benefits of IoT plus remote maintenance with one technology
- Unlimited expandability with easy network management