v2.5.2 – release date 2022-06-28 (Virtual Central Lock only)
VPN Usage Logs export
VPN Usage Logs report Key user statistics from selected VPN connection. Logs can be used for tracking the amount of data transferred over the traced VPN connections. VPN Usage Log Export is used to generate reports of the data. Data can be filtered based on most important criteria such as Key or Lock name and session opening or closing time. Fixed timezone usage with log entries.
Updated system libraries and security fixes
VCL is more secure than ever. Release introduces several OS level CVE fixes and library updates including CVE-2020-1971, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25686, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2019-14834, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25685.
Stability and scalability improvements
Large VCL deployments gain considerable performance improvement due to enhanced messaging and device polling routines. Maximum user and device limit is increased notably.
Improvements in Access Groups
Access Groups are fine tuned with several bug fixes and improvements. Clarified that connection between Keys works only in layer 2. Any Lock and Node connected over layer 3 will always have access to VCL Web UI. "Default for layer 2 Keys" setting works now, layer 2 Keys and Locks are added to the defined group.
- Fixed issue where Keys can change from layer 3 to layer 2 because of a sw bug and user loses access to VCL.
- Fixed issue where IP address or IP address range in Access Group can have global effect even though it shouldn’t.
- Fixed issues where connection names can get scrambled between VCL and the Key Manager in the Key software.
- Fixed issue where Web UI could be broken when adding blank static route.
- Fixed issue where manually added devices that are outside the IP range are not shown correctly in Web UI
- Network devices list refresh fixed without the need to reload the Status page. Edit and remove buttons work again.
- Fixed issues where duplicate system alerts were sent or no alerts were sent at all.
- Added password copy option when new administrator user password is generated.
- VCL native Chromium browser upgraded and is now in kiosk mode. Browser extensions cannot be installed anymore.
v2.5.1 – release date 2021-10-11 (Virtual Central Lock only)
Rare incident in Access Groups can cause the firewall not configured with the new settings, recently created IP/MAC items should be recreated manually
Stability improvement in VPN connection management
For complete list of release notes go to our Global Support